Jun 28, 2010

Tea Sets

How many do you have? If you are over 40 I reckon most of you would have at least one 'good' teaset. You may have been given it as a graduation, engagement or wedding gift or maybe you have inherited one (or more) from an elderly relative.
I know I have many - though, over the years I have given many away to the charity shops. If you go into any second hand or charity shop I am sure you will find hundreds of tea sets. Their use has gone out of popularity in recent times.
So today's post is dedicated to the humble (or not so) tea set. See if you can pick the ones that have been 'modernised'.



I have included a photo of my eldest daughter's creation of a Teaset. It is just beautiful. Nikki is a jewellery & object designer maker you can see her other work on her website. She is a very talented person.

I have also included some pictures of miniature (and toy) teasets. How well I remember my (pretend) tea parties with my dolls when I was a kid. I watched an episode of Antique's Roadshow the other day and a woman brought on a delicate [miniature] child's teaset made of painted glass. It had been in the family's loft for over 40 years. The teaset was valued at $2,000AUS - check your lofts!

No comments:

Post a Comment