Jun 1, 2010

BLOG IT FORWARD ~ Start the movement

I spend a lot of time on the Web. At the moment web surfing is my entertainment, my education and my companion.

My Blog favourites list is full to overflowing. I am following many and varied personal blogs that share insights, comments and advice from all of you from everywhere.


In my daily meanderings around the ether, I am blown away by all the positivity, creativity, common sense, humour, and encouragement shared. This is shown in numerous ways on personal blogs.

Bloggers comment on the posts of others; they create networks/communities of common interest; encourage the creativity of their peers; make friends with peeps from far away; share a little of their lives with others.

All of this has made me realise how connected we really are. Just having this keyboard, screen and power enables us to enter, affect and influence each other in positive ways.

How wonderful would it be if everyone with a personal blog,

I am not sure what I mean by this. I guess I am thinking of the saying and message of 

PAY IT FORWARD.

The expression "pay it forward" is used to describe the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead. In contract law, typically there are two parties but there is the concept of third party beneficiaries. Pay it forward merely applies this contract law concept so that third party beneficiary be a stranger to the creditor (or obligee). More specifically, the creditor (obligee) offers the debtor (obligor) the option of "paying" the debt forward by lending it to a third person instead of paying it back to the original creditor. Debt and payments can be monetary or by good deeds. In sociology, this concept is called "generalized reciprocity" or "generalized exchange". A related transaction, which starts with a gift instead of a loan, is alternative giving.

Simply, how can we support, encourage, respond to and make a positive difference to the lives of others by using our Blogs?

Many of you may have seen the movie or read the book “Pay It Forward”, a story about a young boy who did 3 good deeds for others in need. In return, all that the child wanted was that they pass on the good deed to three other people and keep the cycle going.
One good deed might not seem like much, but if everyone did something good for someone else, then the cycle of generosity and kindness can spark us to become better people.

I would like to offer a

CHALLENGE TO ALL PERSONAL BLOGGERS!

Do 3 acts of kindness/good deeds to others using the medium of your Blog.

I would love to feature your ideas on my home4tea Blog.

Remember, your good deeds should require no reciprocal response or recognition but if you get some, I would love to share that with others too!

Let’s see if what we can do with


Can we help make a better world one blog at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment