Jun 18, 2010

Make me a Teapot - please!

When I was looking at my little teapot today I began to think about what I would change about it. I have many teapots. All shapes, sizes and colours but basically they are similar in their function and effectiveness.

I guess I was thinking through how I can create a teapot that can give ME the perfect cup of tea.

I drink at least 2L of tea a day. It starts off very hot and then by the end of the day – after about 4 different replacements of tea and hot water, it can be quite cold. The temperature doesn’t bother me; I drink it at any temperature.

My tea day goes as follows:
• When I drink Earl Grey – this is what I usually start the day with, I also take sweeteners. One sweetener/cup.
• My next cup is usually some sort of fruit tea – because it is quite cool at the moment I am drinking either lemon and ginger or green and black tea.
• My final tea for the day is usually either a black tea – with which I take a sweetener or herbal tea like chamomile.

Now, I use my little 1L teapot for all my tea. Especially at the moment when all my other teapots are packed in boxes for when/if, we sell/move house (if that ever happens).
I am finding that the flavours are sometimes mixed and by the end of the day I am drinking something not so pleasant!
My thinking is I want a teapot that can accommodate my changing flavours but not carry the flavours to the next cup – without changing the pot.

So here are my ideas
1. I want a vey round teapot ;
2. It must have a spout like most teapots – one that doesn’t leak;
3. An inbuilt tealeaf container through which the hot water passes;
4. Made of Pyrex glass – heat and shatter proof;
5. The teapot should have an outer glass casing – like those bottles of vinegar and oil where it looks like one bottle is inside the other; so that I can keep replacing the hot water in the outer part, therefore keeping the inner pot warm.
6. The teapot should have some sort of glass (not mesh) insert – with holes – like an infuser, which can be replaced for each new type of tea;
7. There should be a compartment inside the teapot where I can add my sweeteners to the pot, not the cup;
8. Each section of the teapot should be able to be closed with separate tops;

Does such a teapot exist? I have attached pictures of what my teapot could emulate – the vinegar and oil bottle! If you know of a teapot that’s like this one, please email me. If you are a manufacturer of teapots, please make one and call it the Sekkei!

No comments:

Post a Comment