Jul 26, 2010

Enough about me, how about tea?

A week has passed since we last had tea. I hope you are well and that all in your life is as you want it. Being human (well some of us are!) means that usually there are some elements of our life that are not going absolutely to ‘our’ plan – that is the case for me at the moment.


I have had a week away from blogging. For most of that time I wasn‘t too concerned, I was in too much pain to worry. As I began to get better I really wanted to get that ‘blog post fix’ but resisted until today. I am still in a lot of pain – done something to my hip which is not doing as it should in the healing department, but decided enough is enough. I sit here in my computer chair with pillows all around me, bolstering me upright enough to type!

Enough about me, how about tea?

I have had much more tea in recent days than I have for years. I am back visiting one of my favourites Vanilla Rooibos. For me, this is a ‘morning’ tea. A gentle ‘wake up to the day’, beverage. It has replaced my all time favourite Twinings Earl Grey (or Lady Grey) for the moment. The vanilla delishness permeates the house and provides a wonderful comforting internal hug each morning.

A tea that I have found perfect for accompanying my pain killers (!) is Lipton’s black. Full, strong and a real message telling me to ‘pull myself together’ and embrace the day! Because of its purpose, I am currently having 3 cups of this blackness a day – really quite enough!

I have been considering Christmas gifts for this year. Yes, I know, a bit early but I thought a nice, hand assembled selection of teas would be a lovely gift for friends this year, so I am now developing my list of 10 great tea(bags) flavours to package up.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment